Web Page Test
- Make an HTML web page by following the directions
- Do all the steps in order.
- You may NOT look at the codes for any of the pages you have made.
- You may NOT get help from neighbors.
- You MAY use the helpful references beneath the directions.
- You MAY use your own notes that are in your own handwriting.
- You MAY raise your hand if you need help understanding
- You will hand in this test 5-minutes BEFORE the end of
- The more you get done, the
better your grade will be.
it as [date]test[hour][your
username].htm in your computer class folder (hint).
- Make the title bar say: HTML Test - [Your
Name, first & last].
- Write a paragraph of at least five sentences about web pages.
- Describe everything you have learned about web pages
- Explain what you have learned and what codes to use.
- Tell what you find most interesting
- Explain what you find most difficult.
- Above the paragraph, type a heading: Making Web Pages
[Your Name, first & last].
- Beneath the heading, insert a horizontal rule.
- Center the heading and make it Heading Style 1.
- Under the paragraph, insert a horizontal rule.
- Create links for: Google and Yahoo.
- Save it, open it, and check it.
- In your paragraph Bold three non-touching words, italicize three
non-touching words, and underline three non-touching words.
- Color the background black and the text white.
- In the paragraph, change the font color of nine non-touching
places: 3 blue, 3
and 3 red.
- Insert three pictures related to the Internet. Search Google Images
using the word "internet".
Use strict filtering.
- Above the pictures, link to all of the
pages that you have made in class.
- Save it!
- Carefully review the rubric at the bottom of this page. Make sure you have
earned ALL the points.
- If you are completely done, then check the rubric below and see how many
points you might have earned.
Code from a Different HTML Assignment
List of HTML Codes and What They Do
How to Make Hyperlinks in HTML
How To Change Colors in HTML
HTML Tutorial Videos
Scoring Rubric for the Test
The test is worth 50 points.
- 3 pts. -- Filename - exactly correct, classroom standard
- 3 pts. -- Title Bar - exactly correct with student name
- 4 pts. -- Heading - center, style 1, proper caps. & words,
- 4 pts. -- Body Colors - black background (2 pts.) & white
text (2 pts.)
- 8 pts. -- Sentences - 5 or more complete, on topic
- 4 pts. -- Formatting - 9 not touching words:
3 each bold,
- 4 pts. -- Word Color - 9 not touching words:
3 each of red, green, blue
- 2 pts. -- Lines - horizontal rules (above & below
- 4 pts. -- External Links - working links to Google and
- 4 pts. -- Internal Links - working links to all earlier
- 6 pts. -- Pictures - 3 pictures related to the Internet
- 4 pts. -- Tags - correct tags to begin and end html, head,
This work by Aaron
Wissner is licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.