Running a Race
- Create the following spreadsheets using the Google Apps spreadsheet program.
- When you finish each video, raise your hand, and politely ask your teacher
to check it.
- Convert two miles into other units.
- Calculate the speed of a person.
- Create an XY scatter chart of the distance a person runs.
Please raise your hand to show your teacher that you have completed this assignment.
Older Version - Save for Reference
Create a spreadsheet to calculate various
numbers for the run
walk (click for map).
Based on the distance of 2 miles, calculate the distance in feet, meters and
Change the Miles/Race until the km/Race = 5.000
- Column D - Minutes - finish times from 30 down to 10
- Column E - Hours - finish times using formula with column D
- Column F - Miles/Hour - calculate using fixed cell reference for distance
and column D
- Column G - Seconds
- Column H - Meters/Second
- Try making columns for feet/second, kilometers/hour, meters/minute, and
Make a chart showing the time and speed relationship.
This work by Aaron
Wissner is licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.